Before shopping from home was heard of, Solid Cactus Co-Founders, Scott Sanfilippo and Joe Palko took a chance and opened one of the first online Yahoo! Stores to hit the web. Aspiring to sell supplies for pet ferrets, the two eCommerce pioneers released TheFerretStore.com in 1994, while storing inventory in an apartment closet. While TheFerretStore.com continued to grow, the company launched additional pet supply websites, and formed an eCommerce design firm called Solid Cactus.
Since 2001, Solid Cactus has been a leader in eCommerce development success and has designed or redesigned over 4,000 online Yahoo! Stores. Solid Cactus offers total eCommerce solutions from website development and managed Internet marketing to call center services and order management software.
In 2009, Solid Cactus was acquired by Web.com (NASDAQ:WEB), a leading provider of online tools and marketing services for small businesses. Since its establishment in 1997, over 15 million online businesses have been launched and managed with the tools and services they provide. Through its network of individual brands, Web.com offers a full-range of easy-to-use solutions that meet the needs of small businesses throughout their life-cycle.
Today, Web.com has a force of over 800 creative and technical individuals working at various locations around the country. Solid Cactus is proud to be a part of the family.
Scott and Joe remain key figures in the future success of Solid Cactus and are proud of the company’s past, present and future achievements which include:
- Employing more than 150 employees, Solid Cactus was voted "One of the Best Places to Work in PA" in 2006, 2007 and 2008.
- Operating in Northeast Pennsylvania, Solid Cactus does not outsource. All of our employees work out of our headquarters in Shavertown, PA.
- Inc. Magazine listed Solid Cactus as one of the top 500 fastest growing private companies in 2007 and one of the top 5000 fastest growing private companies in 2008.
- Administered by the Luzerne Foundation, the Solid Cactus Cares Fund was founded in 2007 by Solid Cactus as a way for employees to give back to the community.
- Solid Cactus serves as a total eCommerce solutions provider with Internet marketing, call center, design, programming, and software services.